Project partners and representatives of local industries and public and private authorities attended the workshop. During the first day, the attendees had the chance to be well informed by the project status, its progress and outcomes. Besides, a series of lectures were delivered, by the Project partners and local industry representatives, about:
- Cybersecurity for Internet of Things
- Communications and Networking for The Cities of Future
- Smart Energies for Smart Cities
- Government Policies/Strategies to Promote Development of Smart Cities Ramallah Smart City Project at The Times of COVID-19
- Challenges Facing The Telecommunications Infrastructure in Palestine during The COVID-19 Pandemic
- When will We Have Smart Cities in Palestine?
- Pros and Cons of Online Teaching and Learning
Moreover, five projects, promoting the academia-industry cooperation, were presented to the workshop attendees; these are:
- AI-based Traffic Monitoring System
- Sensing and Off-Street Parking Systems for
- Sensing and Off-Street Parking Systems for Smart Cities
- Emunicipal APP
- Micro-Inverters for Photovoltaic Systems
- An Intelligent Robot to Support Maintaining the City's Infrastructure
During the Day of the workshop, a steering committee meeting was held and updates about each work package was presented by the work package leader. Future plans for the remaining period of the project lifetime were set. Some screen shoots of the online meetings are shown next.